This 14-week program is designed to introduce very young members and their parents to all that Pony Club has to offer. Specifically geared toward younger members who are not quite ready to join the group of older members for activities.
The weekly lesson plans below come from the D level manual and are accompanied by coloring pages and activities to be completed.
- Getting started in Pony Club
- Getting to know about Horses
- Visit an at Home Stable
- Grooming Introduction
- Trip to a Stable for Grooming Practice
- Bridles and Turnout
- Visit a Tack Shop
- Who are the People who take care of your Horse
- Trip to a Local Barn to Watch a Farrier at Work and a Horse Loading Demo
- In the Saddle
- Demonstration of a Riding Lesson
- Choosing a Horse (Part 1)
- Choosing a Horse (Part 2)
- Graduation Party